Here’s what the world tells me:
1. IVF is the answer.
2. You’ve got years to get pregnant.
3. Your adoption is close; I’m sure of it.
4. You’ll be perfect parents.
5. Pray harder.
False hope. That’s what those things are. They’re lies that make you feel better, not me. They’re empty promises that get my hope up.
I need the truth. How about this instead?
1. You are God’s child. He loves you as you are.
2. Children are gifts from the Lord.
3. God knows what you need, and you need His Son Jesus.
4. You are special to me.
5. I love you!
Loving truths. That’s what I need to hear. Tell me about Jesus, my Savior. Remind me that all good gifts come from the Lord. Share with me the good news that I am God’s child. I need to hear that my worthiness is not tied to my womb, but to Jesus, who was born for me and saved me from sin, death, and the power of the devil. It’s the truth. I can handle that.