Top Ten Reasons for Training for a Triathlon:
10. Exercise is a heartening (pun intended) alternative to grieving.
9. Endurance sports are good training for enduring chronic physical pain.
8. Running helps you go all jedi on the havoc wreaked by Darth Lupron.
7. Swimming laps is a great time for running hymn lyrics.
6. Riding a bike through the country affords you views such as this one.
5. Endorphins and dopamine, the natural kind.
4. You won’t be the only one wearing a wetsuit to the party.
3. You can train with your siblings and cousins and make race day a family reunion.
2. You get a really cool swim cap (and a really ugly T-shirt).
1. There is bacon at the finish line.