Last year, we HRTB ladies hosted a writing contest during the season of Advent. Many of you submitted posts on the topic “Advent and Barrenness,” and we shared seven of our favorites on this website.
Today, these posts still ring true. I find myself reading them over and over again, feasting on your words of encouragement and exhortation, thanking God for the gift of fellowship we all have in Him.
In case you missed these treasures the first time around, here they are again:
- “Advent and Barrenness” by Emily Olson, contest winner
- “At Home in the Waiting” by Kristen Gregory
- “He Comes” by Mary Moerbe
- “The Gift of Forgiveness” by Jennifer Larson
- “Promises That Bring Eternal Life” by Heidi Sias
- “The Fact of the Matter Is…” by Kelly Stout
- “Is Our Family Complete?” by Erica Heinecke
The following Advent posts from last year, penned by two of our own hosts, were not contest submissions but are just as worthy of revisiting:
- “A Child for You” by Kristi Leckband
- “Let It Be to Me” by Rebecca Mayes